We call on all friends and supporters of the Syrian revolution to demonstrate peacefully on this day with the aim of mocking Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad and his Iranian master, the head of Sepah Qods Gen. Qassem Soleimani.
Sepah Qods is a division of Sepah Pasdaran (Iran’s Revolutionary Guards) that funds and controls al-Assad’s forces, as well as Hezbollah Lebanon and the Iraqi militias fighting in Syria.
Last week Naame Shaam launched a mock campaign to elect Gen. Soleimani as president of Syria and Bashar al-Assad as his deputy. 
The call for ‘election rallies’ in front of Iranian embassies and consulates on 2 June 2014 is part of this campaign. It will be fun!
Join us in mocking Bashar al-Assad and Qassem Soleimani and their sham elections!
Join us in demanding that the Iranian regime pulls Sepah Pasdaran, Hezbollah Lebanon and Iraqi militias out of Syria!
How to participate
– Naame Shaam will organise its own ‘election rally’ at an Iranian embassy.
– Other groups and individual activists will also organise ‘rallies’ in capital cities across the world. 
– Find out what’s happening where you live and joint them!
– Even better, don’t wait for others and organise your own ‘election rally’.
– You can find high-resolution versions of Qassem Soleimani’s ‘election campaign’ poster, with and without Naame Shaam’s logo, here:
– Print out placards and banners using the poster and go down to the nearest Iranian embassy or consulate at midday on 2 June 2014.
– For slogans, chants and written messages, you can find inspiring and funny ideas in Qassem Soleimani’s ‘election programme’, which can be found at http://www.naameshaam.org/en/vote_for_qassem_soleimani-president-of-syria/ .
– Don’t forget to take with you some music and any other carnivalesque items (masks, drums, colours, etc.).
Suggestions for slogans:
– #Vote_Qassem_Soleimani as President of Syria and Bashar al-Assad as his deputy!
– Syria is the Vietnam of Iran.
– Sepah Pasdaran and Hezbollah out of Syria now!
– Pullout Sepah Pasdaran and Hezbollah from Syria now!
– Stop Massacres in Syria – Stop Qassem Soleimani!
– Stop Massacres in Syria – Stop Ayatollah Khamenei!
Notes The reasoning and circumstances of the campaign, along with Gen. Soleimani’s mock election programme, can be found at http://www.naameshaam.org/en/category/call-for-action/